Saturday, May 23, 2015

Still working on Joomla

I'm still working on setting up my Joomla site.  I had some problems installing the two extensions.  I kept getting the "Can't connect to the Joomla server!" message.  I tried using the extensions manager from different computers and different browsers.  I tried Chrome, followed by Mozilla FireFox, and then lastly Internet Explorer.  With Internet Explorer, we noticed that a small box came up on the bottom of the screen saying something like "Only showing secured content", and it gave me the option of clicking a box to say "Show all content".  As soon as I did that, everything worked just liked the tutorial said it would.  So now I'm in the process of adding content and figuring out all the little details of making a Joomla site.

1 comment:

  1. I too got that error but I ended up just going to the extension websites, downloading the zip file, and uploading the package from there. Worked for my extensions and my templates. I'm currently still trying different template styles, I'm liking the one I have so far but I need to work on a banner. Mine currently just has the template name in the top left hand corner.

    Keep plugging away Mary!

    ReplyDelete