Thursday, May 28, 2015

QR code

Hello!  I generated a QR code for my blog tonight.  I used Kaywa QR-code.  It worked well, I downloaded both the PDF version, which my husband promptly tested using his scanner app on his smart phone, as well as the PNG.  I also read through the assigned readings for this week regarding QR codes.  I hadn't given QR codes much thought in the past, so it was interesting to read the article entitled "Extending Library Services with QR Codes."  This article discussed applications for the use of QR codes in libraries.  Lawrence University has a page dealing with the basics of QR codes, which gave some good background information as well.  Here's my QR code:


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary,
    I like how you have your blog site organized. What does your QR code link to or is that a surprise for people who log in? A kind of scan and see thing? My phone is charging right now but I will log back on and scan and see what you have.

    ReplyDelete